Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My journey continues as I get ready to leave my home to go to Job corps which is about 9-10 hours away.  I was so nervous but I knew this would be a good decision for me...I had to do something with my life...a little change of pace.
When I arrived at Job Corps it was late and I just wanted to get to my dorm and go to sleep.  The next morning was orientation and there were four dorms total.  Three and a half for the guys and an upstairs just for girls....there were A LOT of guys and they loved it when new girls came on center...it was like being surveyed to see which girl was the most appealing to them.
Things went pretty good...I got involved in Forestry and Business classes and went on camp crew for a fire to make some money.  I continued to drink and party...I didn't see any harm in it at all.  I was just having fun and trying to fit in.  I was a popular party girl.
I was in Job Corps for a year and graduated.   I met my soon to be husband there and I decided to move in with him.  I loved the country so much that I didn't want to leave and going back home was NOT an option for me...there were too many bad memories and skeletons in the closet.
A new adventure was about to start...

No comments:

Post a Comment