Thursday, May 21, 2015

STOP AND REMEMBER YOUR WHY...KEEP GOING!

In March of 2014 I decided that I needed to make some HUGE changes in my life and one was quit drinking.  I knew I had a problem when all I could think about was that first drink and how fast I could get that buzz.  When my husband was gone I drank as much as I could as fast as I could in the time I had...I even made myself sick to drink more and the cooking sherry didn't have a chance.  
One of the hardest but also rewarding journeys in my life and YES I still have hard days BUT I REMEMBER WHY I STARTED AND HOW FAR I HAVE COME and that keeps me going!

In September of 2014 I started thinking about another change I NEEDED to make in my life BUT I kept making excuses about why I shouldn't take care of myself..."it is too hard" "I don't have time" and the big one "it costs too much."
But then I saw a pic of myself and wanted to cry. I was embarrassed and disgusted with myself...why did I let myself get like this? I was so damn stubborn that I could not and would not see what I was doing to myself. 
Then in September of last year I FINALLY decided to take that first step and I am so very thankful I did.
YES...I was worried about the cost BUT I looked through our budget and saved up and took that first step and I will NEVER go back! How I feel now compared to how I felt then is a BIG DIFFERENCE.
Has it been hard?...YES! Have I wanted to give up?...YES! Do I have bad days?...YES! BUT I REMEMBER WHY I STARTED AND HOW FAR I HAVE COME.
The feeling of being able to look in the mirror and smile is so huge! Knowing that I am taking care of ME is the best UNSELFISH thing I can do!
This journey has been filled with triumphs and trials BUT I refuse to go back and be the person I once was!
WE ARE ALL ON A JOURNEY....WHERE IS YOURS TAKING YOU?





No comments:

Post a Comment