Wednesday, July 29, 2015

IS THIS FOR YOU OR FOR THEM?

When it comes to making changes in our lives whether it be fitness, eating healthier, an addiction etc. 

 Who are we doing it for?  


Are we making those changes to impress our friends, boss, family or just people in general?  When we look for that gratification from others sometimes it can be very rewarding other times it can be very painful.  

There is nothing wrong with getting compliments or high fives or others being proud of us BUT if that is the ONLY reason you are wanting to change or begin a journey because people want you to...ask yourself this...

Who am I doing this for?  

I have been down that road of wanting to change and please others but it was never fulfilling and I was never truly happy UNTIL I CHOSE TO CHANGE FOR ME!  I had to make that decision because I wanted to and I felt in my heart I NEEDED to.  

There were so many times I tried to change for someone else and each time I wasn't ready.  I thought that if I changed for my husband or for someone else it would be okay but I wasn't making that decision for me...I was making that decision for them.  

When you make the choice to change or start a journey...PLEASE remember to ask yourself and be honest with yourself...

IS THIS FOR ME OR THEM?




No comments:

Post a Comment