Saturday, April 11, 2015

FLASHBACKS FROM THE PAST...

Things were going great the first few years of our marriage.  We had two gorgeous daughters and enjoying life.

Then five years into our marriage things got tough...I was having flashbacks from my past and I didn't understand what was going on.  I was so scared and felt like I was going crazy.

The day came when I couldn't handle it anymore....I wanted to run and get away from the thoughts and emotions going on in me.  My husband locked the door so I couldn't leave...he was very worried about me.  That sound of the door being locked triggered a memory in me that scared the hell out of me and I lost it!

I grabbed something to protect myself so I wouldn't get hurt.  I didn't see my husband as my husband...I saw him as the person who had hurt me.  I didn't realize that my oldest daughter was there and had witnessed it.   What was I doing???  What was wrong with me???

My husband called our pastor for help and we went to go

talk to him.  While I was sitting there I was thinking...PLEASE don't make me go back there....I didn't want to talk about it...I don't want to relive that moment.  No one had believed me before especially my mom...why would anyone else?

The pastor and our church were so nice and helped me get through those painful days.  Again, I didn't know people could care that much about me....it was an amazing feeling.

Things got better but then we had something else happen...

More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment