Monday, April 13, 2015

SURGERY..NOT AN OPTION

We were at a Job Corps reunion at the lake with some of our friends and I noticed my husband was not feeling well.

He had a fever and chills and when I palpitated his abdomen he was very tender and sore.  It took me awhile to convince him to go to the hospital...he kept saying he was fine BUT he was not fine.  Well...I finally got his stubborn ass into the car and we had a friend of ours watch the girls so I could take him to the ER.  They ran some tests and it was his appendix very close to bursting. This was his first surgery and he was not happy at all.

My husband was a workaholic and he did NOT want to miss work and have to rest and get better (another thing he hated).  But if he didn't get the surgery his appendix would burst and that is NOT a choice I was going to give him.

So off he went to get the operation he needed.

He was pretty sore when he got home and I had no idea when I rented the movie "Grumpy Old Men" he would be literally busting a gut...OOPS!  It was a good movie though and he enjoyed it between the laughing and "uggs".

Our 5th year of our marriage was tough...there was other things that were challenging but we made it work and we made it through.

But once again....there came struggles...but we both knew we would make it through...

More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment