Wednesday, April 15, 2015

NEW JOB...HAPPY DANCE!

I had been praying and waiting for a chance to find a different job because I couldn't leave until I did...we NEEDED the extra income.

A friend of mine told me that there was a nurses aid course being offered at the hospital and I applied for it and got in!  YEAH!  I was so happy and I love helping people...it was an answer to prayer.
My boss was less than thrilled that I was leaving but I knew I needed to get out of there...even though I liked the job...it wasn't worth it to be scared of your boss and treated like crap.

I took the class and it was pretty good...I have always loved the medical field.  When the class was done I applied for the noc shift (graveyard...which you don't say in a nursing home  LOL) because people didn't want it and I was a night owl anyway and didn't mind.

There were hard days especially when the resident was sick or passed away but helping others was something I loved to do and even though it wasn't easy and there were times I cried I still kept going.  When I saw a smile or a sparkle in the residents eyes...that made it all worth it.

A day shift position came open and my husband wanted to see me more so I applied and got it.  It was different than noc shift....the bosses and other workers were there so it wasn't as quiet as it had been.  But the time went by fast and before I knew it it was time to go home.

Well...I started to have some physical problems and I had to take a part-time position and I had to be very careful.  But then I got offered a job in the Assisted Living Facility which is next to the hospital and I accepted.

This was different and I enjoyed this job as well...we took trips and played games and did baking (which I love) and we had more interaction with the residents.

But my physical problems were not getting better and 2011 was one tough year...

More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment