Saturday, April 18, 2015

LEAVING A JOB I LOVED BUT SUPRISES AROUND THE CORNER...

After being released from the surgeries in 2011 I needed to think about going back to work but I couldn't do what I had done before....I had to be careful how much I lifted.

I had been an EMT (emergency medical technician) before and I decided to get my training current and get back to that.  I loved the medical field and helping others.  I was really excited.  :-)

My training was all caught up and now I could sign up to be on call again.  I really enjoyed being an EMT and even took the job as head supervisor.  Well..the agency was having some problems so they brought in an outside person to help and made it to where other emt's could apply for the head supervisor position.

There were two of us (myself and another person) who applied for the job.  I decided since this person was newer than me and had some really good ideas to go ahead and step down and give them the position.  It was going to be a nice change.

Things started off great until this person decided that "it was his way or the highway" which did not set well with some of us since this was a volunteer job as well.  He was very close to being like another boss I had had but not as bad tempered.  He did not like it when anyone (especially the emt's who had been there over 5 years) would give him advice or ask him questions which he felt undermined his authority.

He felt like he had should have control on any scene even if it was another agency's like the fire and police department.  He wanted to be in charge period and I did NOT want to work for someone who would not respect the other agencies...after all we were all a TEAM and wanted to help others.

It took me over a year of praying and having God guide me to make up my mind and I decided to leave the EMS (emergence medical services).  I was going to miss it but I knew in my heart that I couldn't stay.  Everything I did was being questioned and I was not happy...I was even told to retake the course and I didn't have to.

So...now that I had left the job I really loved...what now?  Would I find another job that I loved as much as that one?

More to come...





No comments:

Post a Comment