Thursday, March 19, 2015

First awakening...

We went to see our oldest daughter and I had been asked to watch my granddaughter so the others could go out on the party bus for their time.   My daughter told me to promise to only have one beer while I was watching my granddaughter and I said yes.
Well...they all left and I had that one beer and drank it pretty fast but then noticed there was more and some wine too.  I knew I had promised but one more couldn't hurt and then I had another one and so forth until all the beer was gone.
I was full from drinking a six-pack and I had drank it fast but thought...what the hell...I could go make myself sick and have room for more...so I did.  Then I drank all the wine.
Well...the bus pulled up rather unexpectedly and my daughter dropped off her husband because he was very sick so I was asked to watch and take care of him too so they could get back on the bus.
That was frustrating and a total buzz kill but I did what was asked of me.
When my daughter and husband finally got back...I felt so guilty for what I had done and told my daughter.
Least to say she was very upset with me and asked me why I would break a promise like that and take the chance of NOT being able to take care of my granddaughter.  I hadn't thought about it that way and I was very disappointed in myself and the light bulb went off in my brain.
I FINALLY realized after about 2 and a half years that I might have a problem.
What am I going to do now???

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment