Saturday, March 28, 2015

THE PAST CAN PLAY TRICKS ON YOU...

There are days that I look at myself and don't think the weight is coming off fast enough.  There are days when I get so frustrated that I still want a drink even though it has been a year.
Then the thoughts of what I used to do come back into my head and I have to fight to not do those again.

Taking diet pills (more in a day than I should have) and making myself throw up so the food didn't digest and eating only 500-800 calories a day.  I tried the cabbage diet, the banana diet, the no-carb diet (this really messed with my hypoglycemia) and the no-sugar diet.  I did  all of these and my weight came back and more.
I didn't WANT to do the work....I wanted the "magic pill" and the "quick fix".  I am NOT a very patient person when it comes to weight loss.   I would work out one day and look in the mirror to see if I lost anything...have you ever done any of these?

I still have a hard time with waiting but I know that hard work....exercise and healthy eating pay off.  I have NEVER felt this good about myself in years.  I can look in the mirror and smile and I am believing in myself again!

WHEN THE PAST COMES BACK AND TRIES TO TRICK ME INTO DOING THE THINGS I USED TO DO....I LOOK AT HOW FAR I HAVE COME AND I THINK OF MY "WHY" WHEN I STARTED THIS JOURNEY AND I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK...I DON'T LIVE THERE ANYMORE.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....I CAN DO THIS!







No comments:

Post a Comment