Tuesday, March 31, 2015

PAST MEMORIES..."FIRST" SHOUT FOR HELP

Yesterday I was in a meeting and I remembered other reasons "WHY" I do what I do and why "paying it forward" is so important to me.

I came from an abusive home and I remember when I was about 13-14 years old I kept thinking about ending my life.  I would be at school and daydream about jumping through the window every day.  The kids at school would bully me and make fun of me...they had no idea what was going on at my home and I felt so alone I couldn't talk to anyone.

When I got to Junior High I thought things would change....no they didn't.  Kids were bullies and mean in this school too.
 One day I remember talking to a substitute teacher about how I was feeling and what was going on in my home and she told a counselor.  The counselor called my mom and set up a meeting.  The counselor told my mom what was going on with the bullying and suicidal thoughts.  All my mom could say was "what will the neighbors think" and "what have I done wrong".

Not once did my mom ask me what was wrong and if I was okay.  That day I decided if my mom didn't care...why should I?  I took A LOT of pills but all it did was make me sick...really sick.  My mom just thought it was the flu and that day of the meeting never came up again.

Evidently I was still here for a reason...I just didn't know what it was and for that matter didn't care.

This was the start of searching for other ways to get accepted and get attention.

More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment